Tuesday, June 10, 2014

enjoying the now & looking to the future

My friend posted this quote the other day & its been going through my head ever since.

"Real life, I've finally learned, is created by stacking normal days, one on top of the other, for decades, and living each of those days as fully as possible, embracing whatever each day brings."
- Richard Dahlstrom 

Living in the now- its something I have not been doing well lately. I am excited about what my future holds. In fact, I cannot wait for it. I want it to be here now. I have been so caught up in what is to come, that I am forgetting what I have now.

Have I mentioned what the future holds yet? Well, as most of you already know, I will be moving to Spokane in September! I was recently accepted into School of Leadership at Victory Faith. I am so excited to be going there. The Lord put it on my heart in December & since then He has revealed His goodness to me over and over again. For that past 2 years there hasn't felt like much of a plan in my life. But now, there is! I am looking forward to this next year with great anticipation. God is going to great things. But until September, there is still the now. It is great to be excited for what is to come, but I can't just let these next 3 months pass by while I wait for September. What a waste that would be! I am now realizing that I only have 3 short months left here in this beautiful city. I need to be enjoying this time now more than ever! I guess all I needed was a little perspective change. I want to embrace & enjoy every day between now and the day I move. This summer I want to make memories. I plan to go the lake all the time, spend time with friends, and enjoy life. No matter where I am, no matter who I am with, I want to find joy in that day. 

No comments: